Implementing an academic computing services experimental program on a university-wide basis

W. Berton, D. F. Costello, C. Sundermeier

Research output: Contribution to conferencePaper

Abstract

Over the past fiscal year the University of Nebraska Computer Network has sponsored a Computer Augmented Instruction/Experimental Program (CAI/EP). The program aimed at providing computer information processing services to members of the University faculty who wished to evaluate the efficacy of adding a computer component to their courses of instruction. Services eligible for funding through the program included: Cost of Program Acquisition Systems Analysis Time Programmer Time, and Computer Time The program particularly appealed to those faculty who had limited knowledge of the computer per se but knew of existing software or courseware which might prove useful in their teaching efforts. CAI/EP was run as an internal grants award program whereby faculty on the three campuses of the University of Nebraska system (UN-L, UNO and UNMC) applied to a University-wide committee which reviewed the proposals and awarded the grants. The funding for this effort was provided by budgetary improvement funds to the University of Nebraska Computer Network specifically designated to improve instructional computing.

Original languageEnglish (US)
Pages57-61
Number of pages5
DOIs
StatePublished - Oct 15 1978
Event6th Annual ACM SIGUCCS Conference on User Services, SIGUCCS 1978 - Boston, United States
Duration: Oct 15 1978Oct 18 1978

Other

Other6th Annual ACM SIGUCCS Conference on User Services, SIGUCCS 1978
CountryUnited States
CityBoston
Period10/15/7810/18/78

    Fingerprint

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Computer Science Applications
  • Software
  • Information Systems
  • Education

Cite this

Berton, W., Costello, D. F., & Sundermeier, C. (1978). Implementing an academic computing services experimental program on a university-wide basis. 57-61. Paper presented at 6th Annual ACM SIGUCCS Conference on User Services, SIGUCCS 1978, Boston, United States. https://doi.org/10.1145/800131.804271